Recipe by Steve P.
These are delicious no-bake cookies that use Rice Krispies cereal for a crunchy texture combined with dates and walnuts. This recipe can be doubled easily. Make a double batch, and have plenty on hand for Holiday guests as they go quickly!
Top Review by Makarios309
This is absolutely my favorite thing to eat during the holidays! Really easy to make but I would add just a tad more of the Krispies (maybe 2 &1/2 cups) and the traditional dusting of powdered sugar!
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan over medium low heat, melt butter.
- Add sugar, vanilla, egg, and dates.
- Stir constantly 3 to 4 minutes or until egg is cooked and mixture is slightly thickened.
- Remove pan from the heat.
- Stir in puffed rice cereal and walnuts.
- Mix until well blended.
- Set aside to cool.
- When cool, roll into 1-inch balls.
- If dough is sticky, dip fingers in water and then roll.
- Place cookies on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- Store cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator.