Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are delicious no-bake cookies that use Rice Krispies cereal for a crunchy texture combined with dates and walnuts. This recipe can be doubled easily. Make a double batch, and have plenty on hand for Holiday guests as they go quickly!
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- In a medium saucepan over medium low heat, melt butter.
- Add sugar, vanilla, egg, and dates.
- Stir constantly 3 to 4 minutes or until egg is cooked and mixture is slightly thickened.
- Remove pan from the heat.
- Stir in puffed rice cereal and walnuts.
- Mix until well blended.
- Set aside to cool.
- When cool, roll into 1-inch balls.
- If dough is sticky, dip fingers in water and then roll.
- Place cookies on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- Store cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
This is absolutely my favorite thing to eat during the holidays! Really easy to make but I would add just a tad more of the Krispies (maybe 2 &1/2 cups) and the traditional dusting of powdered sugar!
My mother-in-law makes these every Christmas and I just made my first batch- Excellent! Now I don't need to dig out her recipe all the time. Merry Christmas!
Wonderful Great for Christmas!!