Another addition to my holiday cook collection. A tender cream cheese cookie enveloping a fig and nut confit. Pass the milk. This recipe originally appear in the holiday issue of Sunset magazine. I have estimated the preparation time, which I would be to be a bit more intensive than a basic drop cookie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add flour and salt, and beat until blended.
- 3Shape dough into a ball and wrap well in waxed paper or cling wrap. Chill for an hour.
- 4Combine dates, sugar, and water in a saucepan and cook over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove fruit puree from heat; stir in walnuts and orange rind, and let cool.
- 5Divide chilled dough in half. Place half (or less) on a lightly floured surface, and roll to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut dough with a 2 1/2-inch round cutter, and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon date mixture in center of each cookie. Repeat procedure with remaining dough.
- 6Fold dough over filling, pressing edges with tines of a fork to seal.
- 7Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes. Remove to a cooling rack until fully cool.
- 8Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Date Moons
Serving Size: 1 (19 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.9
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 9.3 mg
- Sodium 33.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 0.9 g