This is an old fashion recipe my mother use to make, but still so good.
Make and share this Date Meringue Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Beat together butter, granulated sugar, egg yolks and vanilla.
- Add flour and mix to form a thick batter. Press in a greased 9”x7” pan.
- Measure water, dates, brown sugar in over dates in medium saucepan and cook till thickened. Spread over base in pan.
- Beat egg whites until frothy, slowly add brown sugar and beat to stiff peak stage. Spread meringue over dates.
- Bake in a 350* oven for 30 minutes.