Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is Day 7: Breakfast, on the 21 Day Wonder Diet. You can make a larger batch of these, and freeze them. they defrost well in the microwave! This breakfasbe followed by a mid-morning snack of 100g skim-milk flavoured yogurt.
- cooking spray
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup self-rising flour
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon dried dates, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon low-fat ricotta cheese
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Spray 2 holes of a half-cup rectangle or round muffin pan with cooking oil.
- Whisk egg white with a fork in medium bowl; stir in oil, flour, milk, dates, and sugar, do not overmix. Divide mixture between pan holes.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Serve warm loaves with cheese.
Very good and pretty filling, although I must confess, I turned these into pancakes. I used dried cranberries. We ended up going for a hike and skipping lunch, without too much of a big deal. These filled us up pretty good. Thanks.