Janie Foote's Note:
This is a very old recipe, It goes back to my Grandmother, that was born in 1878.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1You will also need: 1 clean damp cloth.
- 2Cook first 3 ingredients, in a med boiler on top of stove.
- 3Bring to a rolling boil, after 3 minute of this, put a spoon full in a bowl of cold water and check for a soft ball.
- 4(It should be firm enough to pick up with your fingers.) Keep checking till you get the soft ball.
- 5Then add the dates, and mix until dates have melted.
- 6Then add nuts and roll out onto damp cloth, and roll into a log shape.
- 7Put into Refridgerator until cold,cut into thin slices.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Date Loaf Candy
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 45
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 76.0
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 0.4 g