- 4 ounces butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried shredded coconut
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups dates
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften the chopped dates in a pan with a little water, golden syrup and cinnamon to make the filling.
- Cream the butter and sugar, add egg and dry ingredients.
- Roll out and spread half with date mixture, fold over.
- Bake at 350 F until cooked[10-20 minutes].
- Ice and decorate with icing of your choice.