Recipe by Sueie
A favourite with family and friends, not too sweet a good homely cake.
Top Review by wyatt1
This is so good! I made it today and added a glaze of 1 tbl. margarine, 1 cup confectioners sugar, 1 tsp. lemon juice, and enough milk to make it spreading consistancy. Then drizzled it on top. So good. I will definitly bake it again. Thanks for recipe. Memama2
- 236.59 ml chopped dates
- 78.07 ml butter, softened
- 78.07 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 78.07 ml honey
- 2 eggs
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml plain flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 1 milk
- 78.07 ml chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, soak chopped dates in 1/2 cup boiling water.
- Let cool.
- In large bowl, beat butter, sugar and honey until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in date mixture and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and ginger; stir in the date mixture alternately with milk, making 3 additions of dry ingredient and 2 of milk and adding walnuts with last addition.
- Pour into 4 - 5 cup loaf pan.
- Bake in 350deg.
- F (175degC) for 1 hour or until tester comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan on rack for 10n minutes.
- Transfer to rack to cool.