Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A favourite with family and friends, not too sweet a good homely cake.
Make and share this Date, Honey and Walnut Loaf recipe from Food.com.
- In bowl, soak chopped dates in 1/2 cup boiling water.
- Let cool.
- In large bowl, beat butter, sugar and honey until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in date mixture and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and ginger; stir in the date mixture alternately with milk, making 3 additions of dry ingredient and 2 of milk and adding walnuts with last addition.
- Pour into 4 - 5 cup loaf pan.
- Bake in 350deg.
- F (175degC) for 1 hour or until tester comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan on rack for 10n minutes.
- Transfer to rack to cool.
This is so good! I made it today and added a glaze of 1 tbl. margarine, 1 cup confectioners sugar, 1 tsp. lemon juice, and enough milk to make it spreading consistancy. Then drizzled it on top. So good. I will definitly bake it again. Thanks for recipe. Memama2
This is a good cake, I like that it is not overly sweet. My cake rose beautifully in a large loaf pan, I'd definately make this again. Thank you for sharing :)
This is heavenly! And very easy to make, too. The resulting cake is light, spicy and moist. As is, this recipe is just right for my 5 1/8 cup loaf pan. I'm already looking forward to making it again. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe with us.