1/1 Photo of Date, Honey and Walnut Loaf
1 hr 10 mins
A favourite with family and friends, not too sweet a good homely cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In bowl, soak chopped dates in 1/2 cup boiling water.
- 2Let cool.
- 3In large bowl, beat butter, sugar and honey until fluffy.
- 4Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- 5Stir in date mixture and vanilla.
- 6Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and ginger; stir in the date mixture alternately with milk, making 3 additions of dry ingredient and 2 of milk and adding walnuts with last addition.
- 7Pour into 4 - 5 cup loaf pan.
- 8Bake in 350deg.
- 9F (175degC) for 1 hour or until tester comes out clean.
- 10Allow to cool in pan on rack for 10n minutes.
- 11Transfer to rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Date, Honey and Walnut Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.5
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 48.7 mg
- Sodium 164.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 23.3 g
- Protein 4.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: