A favourite with family and friends, not too sweet a good homely cake.
Make and share this Date, Honey and Walnut Loaf recipe from Food.com.
- In bowl, soak chopped dates in 1/2 cup boiling water.
- Let cool.
- In large bowl, beat butter, sugar and honey until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in date mixture and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and ginger; stir in the date mixture alternately with milk, making 3 additions of dry ingredient and 2 of milk and adding walnuts with last addition.
- Pour into 4 - 5 cup loaf pan.
- Bake in 350deg.
- F (175degC) for 1 hour or until tester comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan on rack for 10n minutes.
- Transfer to rack to cool.