Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is from Gourmet Garden...so simple!
Make and share this Date & Ginger Loaf (4 Ingredients) recipe from Food.com.
- 375 g pitted dates, chopped
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon crushed ginger
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- Add coffee to 1 cup boiling water & mix, pour over dates & soak overnight.
- Stir in flour & ginger.
- Pour mixture into a paper-lined or well-greased loaf tin & bake at 160.C for approx 45 minutes.
- Serve with butter.
Fantastic recipe. Such an easy cake to make with no eggs, butter or oil. I used a blended gluten-free flour to make this cake gluten-free suitable. This cake is really tasty. Served warm sliced with a little butter as I just couldn't wait for it to cool down. I think perhaps powdered ginger could be used for this recipe too. Reviewed for Aus/NZ Forum -Make my Recipe Tag Game. Photo also to be posted