1/2 Photos of Date Filled Oatmeal Cookies
This makes a huge batch, cut the recipe in half if desired. These cookies are best if they sit for a couple of days to soften. They freeze well also. From Company's Coming Cookie cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups butter or 2 cups margarine, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1Cream butter and sugar together well.
- 2Slowly mix in milk.
- 3Add remaining ingredients.
- 4Mix well.
- 5Chill for 1 hour.
- 6Roll out fairly thin on lightly floured board.
- 7Cut into 2 1/2-inch rounds.
- 8Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- 9Bake in 350°F oven for 8-10 minutes.
- 11Fill with Date Filling, to form a sandwich.
- 12For date filling: combine dates, sugar and water in saucepan.
- 13Bring to a boil.
- 14Simmer, stirring often, until mushy and thickened.
- 15Add more water if too dry, or simmer longer if too runny.
- 16Cool and spread between cookies.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Date Filled Oatmeal Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (2443 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 107.6
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 12.0 mg
- Sodium 84.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 1.4 g