1/1 Photo of Date Filled Oatmeal Bars
Nell Majeran's Note:
My mom would make these every Thanksgiving and we could not wait to get our hands on them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup Crisco shortening
- 1/4 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups sifted flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups Quaker Oats
- 1Mix shortening, butter and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
- 2Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- 3Mix oats into flour mixture.
- 4Mix oat mixture into shortening mixture until crumbly.
- 5Put half of the oat mixture in a 9" x 13" greased and floured pan and press and flatten in pan.
- 6Date filling:.
- 7Place dates, sugar and water in medium saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until thickened - about 10 minutes. Let cool.
- 8Spread date filling onto oat crust.
- 9Cover with remaining crumb mixture, press lightly.
- 10Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 11Let cool and cut into bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Date Filled Oatmeal Bars
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 510.4
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 339.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 60.2 g
- Protein 5.5 g