This is a unique family recipe that is originally from my great, great aunt. I have not tried it, but submitted it in response to a request. I'm sorry I don't know the serving size or exactly how long it takes to bake!
- Cream butter and 1 cup sugar; add eggs and beat well.
- Add milk.
- Sift together baking powder, 2 cups flour, and salt; add flour mixture to creamed mixture.
- While dough is chilling, make filling by cooking dates, water, 3 tsp flour, and 1/2 cup sugar until thick; add chopped nuts.
- Roll out dough; cut in rounds.
- Mound filling in center, place another round on top and seal edges.
- Bake at 375°F on greased cookie sheets until lightly browned.