Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made these they are really good. Just like Mom used to make. I put the cookies into the freezer for about a half hour or so, after they were cooled, so that the filling was easier to spread on the cookies.
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular or 1⁄2 cup sugar
- chopped nuts (optional)
- Blend all together as for pie crust.
- Roll thin on floured board.
- Cut with round cutter.
- Bake at 350 degrees until lightly browned. (was about 12-15 minutes.).
- Filling: Add all ingredients, except nuts into a saucepan and cook until thick.
- Add nuts after.
- Spread filling in between cookies. These cookies freeze well.