Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Posted by request, I have not yet tried this recipe. From the 1976 cookbook "A World of Desserts and Delicasies from Solo". Enjoy!
- 1 cup all-bran cereal
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) can date filling (or use Date Filling for Hamentaschen)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease 12 muffins cups and set aside.
- Mix bran cereal and milk in a small bowl and allow cereal to soften and absorb most of the milk.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cereal/milk, egg and butter, mixing well.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Add sugar.
- Combine flour with cereal mixture and stir until just moistened.
- Do not overmix.
- Spoon batter evenly into muffin cups.
- Top each cup with a spoonful of date filling.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until they are lightly springy.
- Cool muffins on a wire rack.
Wow, Sue these bran muffins sure hit the spot! (in more ways than one LOL!). ||I omitted the date filling, and added chopped dates to them. These were very good Sue, thanks you for sharing another winner!...Kittencal