Recipe by Rita P
From Pillsbury "Simply from Scratch Recipes"-unmistakably homemade! These are my husbands favorite, he says A+.
Top Review by Shane d.
These were SENSATIONAL! Made a million of them, thank god. Used dark brown sugar since it didn't specify, and specifically walnuts. They were perfect and amazing and I'm sure I'll be making them again very soon!
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In large bowl, combine first 4 ingredients; beat well.
- (Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.) Add flour and soda; mix well.
- Stir in dates and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown.