Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Pillsbury "Simply from Scratch Recipes"-unmistakably homemade! These are my husbands favorite, he says A+.
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In large bowl, combine first 4 ingredients; beat well.
- (Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.) Add flour and soda; mix well.
- Stir in dates and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
Most excellent! I generally don't care for cookies, but I like these!
I love these...the last batch is still cooking. I just added a little coconut and orange extract. But, followed the recipe otherwise. Great cookie!!
I made these last week in order to use up some dates. Hubby now says they are his favorite! That's HUGE, he is a peanut butter and chocolate guy. We all enjoyed them. I made the recipe as directed, put in fridge, then scooped out onto a pan to freeze. After the balls were frozen I put them in a freezer bag so that I can pull them out and bake them whenever it is convenient.