Recipe by susan
A family favorite. makes a nice dessert for company as well. A nice change from cake or pie.
Top Review by Debbb
I just had to try this recipe because of the unique flavour combination (dates, marshmallows & Oreo cookies???). My DH & I both loved this dessert. I used Ultra low fat Cool Whip in place of the heavy cream so it wasn't too high in fat. You should try this recipe - I bet you'll be pleasantly surprised!!
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 14 crushed Oreo cookies
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil dates in water with salt.
- Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add marshmallows; stir til marshmallows are melted.
- Add nuts and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Spread half of the Oreo crumbs in a 10"x6" dish.
- Spread date mixture over crumbs.
- Top with whipped cream (or you may use Cool Whip).
- Sprinkle with remaining crumbs.
- Chill for 3-4 hours.
- (May be made night before and chilled overnight).
- Note: This may be doubled and put in a 13"x9" dish.