Recipe by Benjibuls
This is a Paste to serve with Cheeses much like Quince paste. It has a lovely caramel finish and a slight citrus tang. Great with Sheep or Goats milk Buchette or Chevres.
Top Review by Outta Here
Very tasty and easy to make. I served with some chevre and crackers, as suggested and it was great. Would also be good on toast or bagels, or on pancakes. Made for Fall 2008 PAC.
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop dates and dried cranberries finely.
- Place the chopped ingredients in a small saucepan on a medium heat and add the lemon juice.
- As the mixture warms up the dates will begin to break down. If the mixture becomes dry add water as necessary.
- Cook for 20 minutes and keep an eye on the water levels. The finished mixture should be reasonably think should have a shine to it. Note that when it cools it will have a thicker consistency.
- Place mixture in a small ramekin and allow to cool. Can be stored in the fridge for up to a week.
- Optionally you can place the mixture in a food processor and blend until smooth.