Recipe by smoke alarm jr
I just found this recipe on the back of my Dole pitted dates bag. I love dates and thought I would give this a try over Christmas vacation.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
For this recipe I diced the dates & chopped the dired cranberries, then used a rounded 1/2 cup of the berries & added about 8 more dates then indicated! This made for some GREAT BARS, which we thoroughly enjoyed & will make again & again! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the All New Zaar Cookbooks Tag cooking game]
- 1⁄2 cup softened margarine
- 1 cup sugar (divided)
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour (divided)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package pitted dates, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat margarine and 1/2 cup sugar until creamy.
- Stir in 1 cup of flour.
- Press onto bottom of a 8" square pan.
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes until edges are golden brown.
- Beat eggs well.
- Stir in remaining sugar, flour, dates, cranberries and juice.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake 20 minutes more or until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Cut into bars.