1/1 Photo of Date Cookies Like Awrey's
Awrey's was a local bakery in Detroit. These cookies were my favorites. Printed 12/12/1963 in section # 2 cookbook (out of print) Bob Allison’s Ask Your Neighbor
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix filling ingredients in saucepan. Cook til smooth. (Raspberry or strawberry jam may also be used as filling.)
- 2Mix cookie ingredients as if for a pie crust.
- 3Pat one half of the mixture on a buttered (8x8x2 inch) pan.
- 4Press down firmly and spread on the filling.
- 5Cover with the other half of the oatmeal mixture and press down lightly.
- 6Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes. Cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Date Cookies Like Awrey's
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 528.2
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 45.7 mg
- Sodium 437.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 57.2 g
- Protein 5.7 g