Awrey's was a local bakery in Detroit. These cookies were my favorites. Printed 12/12/1963 in section # 2 cookbook (out of print) Bob Allison’s Ask Your Neighbor
- Mix filling ingredients in saucepan. Cook til smooth. (Raspberry or strawberry jam may also be used as filling.)
- Mix cookie ingredients as if for a pie crust.
- Pat one half of the mixture on a buttered (8x8x2 inch) pan.
- Press down firmly and spread on the filling.
- Cover with the other half of the oatmeal mixture and press down lightly.
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes. Cut into squares.