1 hr 12 mins
Me chef's Note:
I love these cookies; they are traditional Arabic cookies usually made for the holidays.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix flour, ground fenugreek, salt, granulated sugar and instant yeast in a large bowl.
- 2Add the clarified butter; mix with your hands until well incorporated.
- 3Heat the milk until warm; add gradually to flour mixture.
- 4Knead to form a soft dough.
- 5Cover with a damp cloth for 1/2 hour.
- 6Put the dates in a bowl; add nutmeg; knead with your hands.
- 7Take a small piece of dough; pat down onto work surface.
- 8Take a smaller piece of dates and roll it with your hands to form a small rope.
- 9Place the date rope in the middle of the piece of dough and enclose it with the dough and roll into a rope; make sure the date is entirely covered with dough.
- 10Shape your rope into an 'S' and place on a baking sheet.
- 11Repeat with the remainder of dough and date filling.
- 12Brush your 'S's with egg white; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 13Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden in color.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Date Cookies (Eid Cookies)
Serving Size: 1 (1597 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.8
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 21.5 mg
- Sodium 18.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 4.3 g