Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Really nice creamy date cookies that use Marie biscuits or flat round slightly sweetened biscuits (tea biscuits).
- 200 g biscuits (marie or tea biscuits)
- 250 g dates, loose, pipped
- 115 g butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (white)
- 1 egg
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- desiccated coconut (optional)
- Melt butter and sugar then add dates and boil until the mixture is soft and mushy.(Cut up dates to melt quicker.).
- Beat eggs and vanilla essence well and add to mixture.
- Break biscuits to finger nail size and add to mixture.
- Press into greased tin and let set in fridge until hard.
- Cut into bars and then ready to serve.
- OPTIONAL - Once cut into bars cover in coconut.