Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My beautician who hails from Srilanka shared this wonderful recipe with me and I think Recipezaar deserves this !
- Place the vinegar in a thick bottomed pan on medium heat and add Garlic-Ginger paste and all the spices.
- Cover and add dates after 2 minutes and cook over a low heat until the liquid thickens but the dates are not pulpy.
- Mash with a big spoon gently and add the sultanas and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Discard the cinnamon stick, add salt and set aside to cool.
- Serve with your meals or on sandwiches anytime you like.