Mini Ravindran's Note:
My beautician who hails from Srilanka shared this wonderful recipe with me and I think Recipezaar deserves this !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the vinegar in a thick bottomed pan on medium heat and add Garlic-Ginger paste and all the spices.
- 2Cover and add dates after 2 minutes and cook over a low heat until the liquid thickens but the dates are not pulpy.
- 3Mash with a big spoon gently and add the sultanas and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- 4Discard the cinnamon stick, add salt and set aside to cool.
- 5Serve with your meals or on sandwiches anytime you like.
Browse Our Top Chutneys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Date Chutney from Sri Lanka
Serving Size: 1 (343 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.1
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 708.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 47.9 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: