Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
tasty and easy
- 500 g kg dates (Khajoor)
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, cut into thin long strips (Adrak)
- 1 cup sugar (Cheeni)
- 2 cups vinegar (Sirka)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
- Stone the dates and cut them in halves.
- Put dates, ginger,red chilli, salt, chilli powder and vinegar in a pan and cook till dates are tender.
- Now add sugar and cook until the mixture thickens.
- While the chutney is hot pour into clean jars and cork tightly.
- Serve after 4 days.