Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup dates, finely chopped
- 1 cup nuts, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix sugar, milk, butter and syrup; bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- (Use medium heat to bring to a boil.) Add dates when it gets to soft ball stage or 238 degrees.
- Remove from heat and add nuts and vanilla.
- Beat until thick.
- Turn on board and shape.
this is a wonderful, bold and attention-grabbing dessert, the only problem is that they are very easy to overcook, and when you do they become tough. but if you watch them very carefully (don't try to do these if you are busy) they are soft, chewy and amazingly good.