1/3 Photos of Date Bran Cake
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
High fiber that tastes great!!Serve with a little icecream or Diet topping from the high Fiber Cookbook for diabetics by Mabel Cavaiani, R.D.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place bran, water, egg, molasses and veggie oil in a small bowl. Mix lightly and let stand at room temperature for 30 to 45 minutes. (This timing is very important.)
- 2Place flour, brown sugar, salt, baking powder, soda and dates in a mixer bowl and mix at low speed for about 1/2 minute to blend well.
- 3Add the bran mixture and mix at medium speed to blend well. Do not overmix.
- 4Spread evenly in a well greased 8 inch square pan and bake at 375 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes or until the cake is firm in the centre and draws away from the sides of the pan.
- 5Cool the cake to room temperature and cut 3 x 4 into 12 equal portions.
- 6Use 1 square per serving.
- 7food exchange per serving- 1 bread and 1 fat.
- 8low sodium diets- omit salt.
- 9use low sodium baking powder.
- 10low cholesterol diets- omit egg.
- 11use 1/4 cup liquid egg substitute.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Date Bran Cake
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.6
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 254.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 2.3 g