Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe comes from Fleischmann's yeast company.
- 3⁄4 cup all-bran cereal
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup whole pitted dates, halved
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- Select loaf size.
- Prepare bran mixture.
- Combine bran cereal, buttermilk and water in small bowl; set aside for 10 minutes to soften cereal.
- Add cereal mixture and remaining ingredients in bread machine pan in the order suggested by bread machine manufacturer.
- Process in basic cycle on lightest crust setting.
- When cycle is completed, remove baked bread immediately from pan.
- Cool on wire rack.