Recipe by chia
i love cooking and baking with dried fruits. if you love dates try this.
Top Review by Girl from India
Made them last week Chia. They were very good. Used walnuts instead of almonds. Like the combo of dates and walnuts. Used a non stick baking pan and flored and oiled it. Lovely. Thanks :) Fay
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped dates (3/4 lb)
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds or 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1⁄3 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- put oven rack in middle of oven and preheat to 375 line a 9" square baking pan with foil, butter and flour foil.
- whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. add in dates, almonds, sesame seeds, toss to mix.
- whisk together butter, eggs, vanilla, sugar and add to flour mixture, mix well. pour into baking pan, bake 25-30 minutes.
- cool in pan before cutting into bars.