Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
i love cooking and baking with dried fruits. if you love dates try this.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped dates (3/4 lb)
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds or 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1⁄3 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- put oven rack in middle of oven and preheat to 375 line a 9" square baking pan with foil, butter and flour foil.
- whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. add in dates, almonds, sesame seeds, toss to mix.
- whisk together butter, eggs, vanilla, sugar and add to flour mixture, mix well. pour into baking pan, bake 25-30 minutes.
- cool in pan before cutting into bars.
Made them last week Chia. They were very good. Used walnuts instead of almonds. Like the combo of dates and walnuts. Used a non stick baking pan and flored and oiled it. Lovely. Thanks :) Fay
Different, But, very good date bars. DH loved them. I used release foil had no problem with them sticking(I did not butter or flour the foil).I also used the dates that are already chopped.These are easy to make, Recipe is a keeper.
Oooh Yum! Am eating it piping hot as the smell was too much & I have no patience! Thanks so much Chia- you're a star! Oh - and I used ground almonds (which is toasted with the sesame) as that's all I had. Gorgeous!!