1/4 Photos of Date Bars
From Betty Crocker Cookbook, 1975. Posted in reply to a request.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Date Filling: Mix 3 cups chopped dates (1 lb.) with 1/4 cup sugar and 1 1/2 cups water in saucepan.
- 2Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, about 10 minutes or until thickened; Cool.
- 3Grease 13x9 baking pan.
- 4Crust Mixture: Cream butter, shortening, and brown sugar.
- 5Mix in remaining ingredients.
- 6Press half the mixture in bottom of pan.
- 7Spread with filling.
- 8Top with remaining crumble mixture, pressing lightly.
- 9Bake at 400°F 25 to 30 minutes or until light brown.
- 10While warm, cut into bars about 2 inches X 1 1/2 inches.
- 11VARIATION: You can omit date filling and substitute 1 cup of your favorite jam.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Date Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1581 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.5
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 6.7 mg
- Sodium 103.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 1.5 g