1/1 Photo of Date Bars
Cookie Jarvis's Note:
My sister got a pan of these along with her birthday cake every year. Lucky her! (I didn't have it so bad. My mom always got me a bag of chocolate covered raisins on mine.) But this recipe is so easy, you really should make it more than once a year!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook dates, sugar and water in heavy saucepan to the consistency of jam. Let cool.
- 2Cream shortening with the brown sugar.
- 3Sift flour, soda, and salt into the creamed mixture.
- 4Add oats and mix until well blended.
- 5Put half of oat mixture in a greased 13x9x2 pan.
- 6Press and flatten to cover the bottom.
- 7Spread with date filling.
- 8Cover with remaining oat mixture. Pat smooth.
- 9Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Date Bars
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.9
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 95.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 21.8 g
- Protein 2.2 g