Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Cake like,small cookie that is sweet enough to satisify. It came from an old 1937 Detroit times cook book. I double it and bake on cookie sheet. I could see this cut in larger pieces and served topped with whipped cream.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup walnut meat
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat eggs until light and add to butter and sugar.
- Beat hard.
- Sift flour and baking powder.
- take half of flour and roll dates& walnuts, then mix well.
- Bake in square tin 20 minutes.
- when done cut in oblong pieces and roll in powdered sugar.