Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy and delicious!
Make and share this Date Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Set aside.
- Grease and flour a 9-inch square baking pan and preheat oven to 350°F Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in eggs and vanilla until well blended.
- Stir in the flour mixture.
- Add the peel, dates, and nuts.
- Put batter in baking dish, sprinkle with 1/2 tablespoons sugar, and bake until golden brown, 25-30 minutes.
- Cool in pan on a rack.
- Cut in squares while still warm.
these are really delicious with a crunchy outside and a creamy fruity inside. one of the few recipes i have made here that is truly a "bar". i had to cook this 10 minutes longer, could be my oven, truly light and very tasty.