- 1 1⁄2 cups white lily self-rising flour
- 1 cup rice bran
- 1⁄2 cup raw sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped dates
- 125 g polyunsaturated margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour into a large bowl with the cinnamon.
- Mix in rice bran, sugar and dates.
- Stir in margarine, milk, eggs and mashed banana and half the nuts.
- Spoon into a greased loaf pan and bake at 350 for 1 1/4 hours.
- Stand for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.