Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
From "The Stenciled Strawberry Cookbook".
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 lb finely chopped dates
- 1 well beaten egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup coconut
- Melt butter and sugar n top of double boiler or heavy saucepan over med-low heat. Cool.
- Add dates and well-beaten egg.
- cook for 15 minutes over rapidly boiling water or until mixture thickens. Stir carefully to avoid scorching.
- Add remaining ingredients. Mix Well.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Coat balls with coconut or sugar.
- Keep refrigerated. Can be frozen up to 3 months.