1 hr 24 mins
This delicious treat is from The Food column by Anjali Vellody of the Weekend. Hope you enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut a sheet of baking paper to the same size as the filo pastry sheet and spread it on a flat surface.
- 2Place a filo pastry sheet on the baking sheet.
- 3Brush the pastry with melted butter.
- 4Layer all the sheets of pastry together, brushing each layer with the melted butter.
- 5Combine the walnuts, dates, cinnamon, pistachios, ginger, nutmeg, orange rind and cream well in a pan.
- 6Stir well and cook until all the cream is absorbed.
- 7Keep it aside to cool.
- 8Spread the mixture over the layered pastry sheet, leaving a 4.5 cm space at the end of one side.
- 9Roll the filo pastry from the other end.
- 10Use the paper beneath the filo pastry as a guideline to rolling the pastry straight through till the end.
- 11Cover the rolled pastry.
- 12Refrigerate for 25-30 minutes.
- 13Slice roll into 2 cm width pinwheels, arrange the pinwheels 3 cm apart on a greased baking tray.
- 14Bake in a pre-heated oven on Gas mark 4 for around 20 minutes or until the pastry is crisp and light golden brown in colour.
- 15Allow to cool before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Date and Walnut Pinwheels
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 520.4
- Calories from Fat 281
- Total Fat 31.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 48.4 mg
- Sodium 129.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 40.6 g
- Protein 7.4 g