1/1 Photo of Date and Walnut Cake
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Brian Holley's Note:
My new recipe for this popular cake. I use ground walnuts in the mix and halved and chopped nuts. The cake can be finished with a butter/sugar filling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre heat oven to 180c/350°F.
- 2Grease a 6" cake tin or 1 lb loaf tin, and line with greaseproof paper.
- 3Rub the butter into the flour so that it looks like breadcrumbs.
- 4Add the sugar, ground nuts, chopped nuts, dates and the spice. Mix well.
- 5Add the egg and milk stir with a spoon, do not beat the mixture.
- 6Transfer the mixture to the tin and top with a few nuts.
- 7Bake for 1.5 hour or until a tooth pick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- 8Allow to cool in the tin for 10 mins and place on a wire rack. When cool peel off the paper.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Date and Walnut Cake
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 585.3
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 78.3 mg
- Sodium 143.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 28.5 g
- Protein 10.1 g