Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I've posted this untried recipe so that I don't lose it. Sounds like a good snack recipe.
- 1 cup wholemeal self-rising flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded coconut
- 250 g dates, roughly chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3⁄4 cup tahini
- butter, melted, for greasing the pan
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Brush a 17 x 26cm (base measurement) lamington pan with melted butter to lightly grease.
- Combine wholemeal flour, 1 cup of the coconut, dates and ginger in a large bowl.
- Beat the eggs and sugar in a medium bowl until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the tahini and beat until just combined.
- Pour the tahini mixture into the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and smooth surface with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle with remaining coconut.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and set aside for 15 minutes to cool.
- Turn onto a board and cut into squares.