Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A recipe from All Bran's Australian website, slightly edited to avoid beating egg whites.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-bran cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons margarine spread, melted
- 3⁄4 cup chopped dates
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat flour (self rising)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Place All-Bran® and milk in a large bowl and stand for 5 minutes until softened.
- Beat in eggs, margarine, honey and dates.
- Sift flour and spices together.
- Stir in the sugar and add to the All-Bran® mixture, being careful not to over beat.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased muffin tray and sprinkle each muffin with some All-Bran® cereal.
- Bake at 375F or 190C for 20 minutes or until cool.