Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From a Supermarket recipe site.
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 cup white lily self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup self-rising flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 60 g butter
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup dates, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Sift flours into a bowl, tipping any bran pieces from sifter back into the bowl with the sifted flour.
- Cream sugar and butter.
- Add egg and milk and then fold in flour. Pour half cake mixture into a greased, non-stick 20cm cake tin.
- For date filling: combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Spread two-thirds of the date filling over the cake batter.
- Top with the remaining half of the cake mixture and then dot the remaining third of the filling mixture on top.
- Bake in a 180 Degrees C oven for 45 minutes.
- Serve while still warm.