Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another of my Mom's recipes. They are delicious !!!! Not sure exactly how many this recipe makes. 2 to 3 dozen or more maybe. Believe me, you will want to double the recipe.
- Sift flour, baking soda & salt together 3 times. Add dates & walnuts.
- Cream shortening & then blend in brown sugar, then add egg and beat well.
- Stir in orange rind to the shortening mixture.
- Add the flour mixture, combining until well mixed.
- Drop dough by spoonful, well apart on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350F for 10 minutes.