Chef #465934's Note:
Another of my Mom's recipes. They are delicious !!!! Not sure exactly how many this recipe makes. 2 to 3 dozen or more maybe. Believe me, you will want to double the recipe.
My Private Note
48 cook ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour, baking soda & salt together 3 times. Add dates & walnuts.
- 2Cream shortening & then blend in brown sugar, then add egg and beat well.
- 3Stir in orange rind to the shortening mixture.
- 4Add the flour mixture, combining until well mixed.
- 5Drop dough by spoonful, well apart on greased cookie sheet.
- 6Bake at 350F for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Date and Orange Drop Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (977 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.6
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 17.6 mg
- Sodium 265.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 28.4 g
- Protein 3.3 g