Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Taken from Australian Table magazine
- 100 g pitted dates, halved
- 50 g large dried apricots
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 cardamom pods, bruised
- 2 oranges, zest of
- Place dates, apricots, juice, sugar and cardamon pods in saucepan.
- Cook on medium heat till sugar dissolves.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve topped with rind and vanilla yoghurt.
Nice compote that is quick and easy. The cardamom is a nice addition which plays nicely without overpowering. Made leaving out the sugar and found the fruit and juice made it plenty sweet. Instead of fallowing the suggestion of serving with yogurt served over Buttermilk Pancakes #209159, making for a tasty start to the day. Thanks for the post.