1/1 Photo of Date and Olive Oil Wine Crackers
From Whole Foods, who say that these crackers are ideal for serving with wine - no wine in them! The dates provide subtle sweetness. I have not tried these yet, but they look intriguing. Prep time does not include chilling time. Update: The WF website says this will work well using a gluten free flour mix instead of all-purpose.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pulse 1 cup flour and the dates in the food processor until the dates are very finely copped; transwer to a large bowl.
- 2Stir in the remaining flour, zest, salt, pepper and baking powder. Make a well in the center.
- 3Pour oil and 2 beaten eggs into the well and stir until combined; knead briefly in the bowl until the dough comes together.
- 4Press the dough into a log and wrap snugly in parchment paper, squeezing tightly and twisting the ends in opposite directions to form a tight 9" log; chill until firm, 2-3 hours.
- 5Preheat the oven to 350 deg F.
- 6Trim off the ends and cut into 24 slices.
- 7Arrange on a large parchment paper-lined baking sheet, brush tops with 1 beaten egg and bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes.
- 9These can be made up to three days ahead and stored in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Date and Olive Oil Wine Crackers
Serving Size: 1 (608 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 84.1
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 61.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 2.0 g