Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from today's Young Times magazine. It was submitted by a young 8 yr. old, Farhan Hamidali from Abu Dhabi. The yield is a guesstimate.
- Remove stones from dates.
- Mash up the"stone-less" dates.
- Wash rice and soak for 5 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Roast rice in a heavy bottomed pan.
- DO NOT OVER-ROAST.
- Then, powder the roasted rice in a grinder/blender.
- Mix this powder with the date fruits.
- Warm butter in a frying pan.
- Add butter to the powder-date mixture.
- Grease your palms with a little butter to avoid sticking of the mixture.
- Mix well.
- Make small balls out of the mixture.
- Decorate each ball with cashews and pistas.
- Serve with tea.