Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Popular cookie that is adaptable to different tastes, have used diced apricots instead of dates, and have also made this into bars, pressing the lot into a tray and cutting into bars when almost cold.
- 236.59 ml plain flour
- 236.59 ml oatmeal
- 236.59 ml coconut
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml dates, chopped
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 125 g butter
- 29.58 ml golden syrup
- 29.58 ml water
- Sift flour into bowl, stir in oats,coconut, sugar, dates and ginger.
- Combine butter, golden syrup and water in pan, stir over low heat until butter is melted.
- Stir butter mixture into flour mixture.
- Roll into balls (1 tablespoon), place on prepared cookie trays, flattening slightly, allow room for spreading between each cookie.
- Bake in moderately hot oven for about 12 minutes or until lightly browned, cool on trays.
Addictive!! I loved the chewy texture of the dates and the coconut really made these a winner. I kept to your recipe exactly. I thought at first that they would be too dry because they were still rather crumbly when I was shaping them, but they were just right. Thanks for posting these, I'm off to make another batch!
These are very good. I was looking for something different to do with dates instead of my date rolls (#332742) . DH liked them too. I used Splenda instead of sugar. I figured there was already so much sugar in these with the dates and coconut - why not....they came out fine. They didn't spread much so when I made the second batch I just put it all in an 8x8 pan and made bars. Baked at 375 for about 15 minutes. Thanks for posting!
Big hit for the school lunches. Easy to make too.