Recipe by Sueie
Popular cookie that is adaptable to different tastes, have used diced apricots instead of dates, and have also made this into bars, pressing the lot into a tray and cutting into bars when almost cold.
Top Review by Angela Sara
Addictive!! I loved the chewy texture of the dates and the coconut really made these a winner. I kept to your recipe exactly. I thought at first that they would be too dry because they were still rather crumbly when I was shaping them, but they were just right. Thanks for posting these, I'm off to make another batch!
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup coconut
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 125 g butter
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour into bowl, stir in oats,coconut, sugar, dates and ginger.
- Combine butter, golden syrup and water in pan, stir over low heat until butter is melted.
- Stir butter mixture into flour mixture.
- Roll into balls (1 tablespoon), place on prepared cookie trays, flattening slightly, allow room for spreading between each cookie.
- Bake in moderately hot oven for about 12 minutes or until lightly browned, cool on trays.