Popular cookie that is adaptable to different tastes, have used diced apricots instead of dates, and have also made this into bars, pressing the lot into a tray and cutting into bars when almost cold.
- Sift flour into bowl, stir in oats,coconut, sugar, dates and ginger.
- Combine butter, golden syrup and water in pan, stir over low heat until butter is melted.
- Stir butter mixture into flour mixture.
- Roll into balls (1 tablespoon), place on prepared cookie trays, flattening slightly, allow room for spreading between each cookie.
- Bake in moderately hot oven for about 12 minutes or until lightly browned, cool on trays.