Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
Easy to make and delicious
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 lb dates, chopped fine
- 1⁄3 cup glace cherries, chopped fine
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1⁄2 cup fine coconut
- Combine butter, sugar, cherries and dates.
- Cook at medium heat until soft, stirring constantly.
- Cool until lukewarm.
- Stir in rice krispies.
- Shape into balls and roll in coconut.
- Store in a sealed container.
These are oh-so-good! I used my food processor to chop the dates and cherries, with the sugar to help prevent sticking together! These are rice krispie treats with a grown up taste! Will be making these again for the holidays! Thnx for posting, Gone to Kittencal's. Made for KcK's Forum.
absolutely loved these, I have a sweet tooth so I increased the sugar amount, I also think these get better with age, thanks for posted GTKK'sF!