Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
easy , quick with dates, cheddar, and apple healthy,
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 whole egg
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil or 1⁄4 cup any vegetable oil
- 1 cup whole milk or 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup peeled and diced granny smith apple
- 2⁄3 cup chopped dates
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons grated cheddar cheese
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine fruit and cheese in a bowl and set aside.
- Whisk in a bowl the egg, sugar, oil vanilla, and milk until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients just until moist.
- Fold in the fruit and cheese.
- Place into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Combine the topping ingredients of cheddar and brown sugar well.
- Remove the muffins from oven after 20 minutes baking time, and sprinkle topping evenly on each muffin.
- Return to oven for another 10 minutes-- Total baking time for muffins is 30 minutes-- Remove to a wire rack to cool--.