Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Moist, tasty and delicious
Make and share this Date and Carrot Cake recipe from Food.com.
for the cake
- 236.59 ml trident dates, chopped
- 177.44 ml orange juice
- 2.46 ml bicarbonate of soda
- 177.44 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 473.18 ml self raising flour
- 4.92 ml mixed spice
- 473.18 ml coarsely grated carrots
- 236.59 ml coarsely grated zucchini
For the Icing (Frosting)
- 200 g ricotta cheese
- 78.07 ml caster sugar
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml vanilla essence
- TO MAKE THE CAKE.
- Grease deep 22cm round cake pan, line the base with baking paper.
- Combine dates and orange juice in a saucepan; bring to boil then immediately remove from heat.
- Stir in bicarb soda; stand for 5 minutes.
- Process date mixture with sugar until almost smooth.
- Add eggs, flour and spice, and process until just combined.
- Transfer mixture into a large bowl, stir in carrot and zucchini.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake in moderate oven for about 1 hour.
- Stand for 20 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
- Top cake with frosting.
- TO MAKE THE FROSTING:.
- Process all ingredients until just smooth. Serve and enjoy.