1 hr 10 mins
Chef #294898's Note:
Moist, tasty and delicious
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
for the cake
- 236.59 ml trident dates, chopped
- 177.44 ml orange juice
- 2.46 ml bicarbonate of soda
- 177.44 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 473.18 ml self raising flour
- 4.92 ml mixed spice
- 473.18 ml coarsely grated carrots
- 236.59 ml coarsely grated zucchini
For the Icing (Frosting)
- 1TO MAKE THE CAKE.
- 2Grease deep 22cm round cake pan, line the base with baking paper.
- 3Combine dates and orange juice in a saucepan; bring to boil then immediately remove from heat.
- 4Stir in bicarb soda; stand for 5 minutes.
- 5Process date mixture with sugar until almost smooth.
- 6Add eggs, flour and spice, and process until just combined.
- 7Transfer mixture into a large bowl, stir in carrot and zucchini.
- 8Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- 9Bake in moderate oven for about 1 hour.
- 10Stand for 20 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
- 11Top cake with frosting.
- 12TO MAKE THE FROSTING:.
- 13Process all ingredients until just smooth. Serve and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Date and Carrot Cake
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.2
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 61.3 mg
- Sodium 103.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 30.7 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: