1/2 Photos of Date and Banana Squares
Bokenpop aka Madeleine's Note:
This is a delicious and unusual dessert using two of my favourite ingredients! The original recipe calls for 250ml sugar but I find that is too sweet for my tastes. Feel free to change the quantity back if you prefer something sweeter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- 3Beat the eggs in one at a time.
- 4Add the flour, salt and baking powder and mix well.
- 5Place half the mixture onto a greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- 6Cover the dough with banana slices and chopped date pieces.
- 7Place the remaining dough over as a topping.
- 8Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
- 9Remove from oven.
- 10Brush the melted butter over the top while still hot.
- 11Mix cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over the top.
- 12Cut into squares and cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Date and Banana Squares
Serving Size: 1 (1362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.8
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 169.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 3.5 g