This is a delicious and unusual dessert using two of my favourite ingredients! The original recipe calls for 250ml sugar but I find that is too sweet for my tastes. Feel free to change the quantity back if you prefer something sweeter.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat the eggs in one at a time.
- Add the flour, salt and baking powder and mix well.
- Place half the mixture onto a greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Cover the dough with banana slices and chopped date pieces.
- Place the remaining dough over as a topping.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven.
- Brush the melted butter over the top while still hot.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over the top.
- Cut into squares and cool on wire rack.
Was going to try this recipe but will not because ingredients are shown in metric only.