Recipe by MomLuvs6
From Larousse Treasury of Country Cooking. Jordan For ZWT6 Chill 3 hours. Chill time not include in prep time.
Top Review by Muffin Goddess
This recipe intrigued me, but I didn't expect to like it as much as I did. The bananas and dates were great together! I also loved the different textures of the nuts, the broiled sugar, and the soft warm fruits in cream. I used Medjool dates and sliced blanched almonds, and I used half and half instead of light cream. I will definitely be making this again, thanks for posting :)! Made for The Queens of Quisine for ZWT6 NA*ME
- 6 bananas, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 lb pitted dates, halved
- 6 ounces almonds, halved
- 1 cup light cream
- brown sugar, for glazing
Directions See How It's Made
- In ovenproof dish layer bananas.
- Put date halves on top of bananas, then almond halves on top of dates.
- Add light cream barely covering the dates.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Before serving sprinkle brown sugar on top in a very thin layer, place under broiler for 3 to 4 minutes. Serve immediately.